On 15th Feb 2008 eCollege, a leading provider of comprehensive eLearning technology and services opened a new state-of-the-art software development center at the World Trade Center. On the 19th of July 2010, we moved to Orion City, Dematagoda to facilitate the growth of our team.
eCollege a Pearson company, is an extension of Pearson Education, the global leader in educational publishing. Pearson Education is part of Pearson, the international media company.
Based in Colorado, USA, eCollege provides a comprehensive eLearning solution to colleges, universities and online schools. With all hardware, software and support services under one roof eCollege offers online institutions everything they need. eCollege is a fast growing technology company and is the largest application service provider (ASP) in the eLearning market place.
eCollege has been operating in Sri Lanka for over 3yrs in partnership with Virtusa under a build operate transfer (BOT) agreement. With the launch of eCollege Lanka there are many new exciting career opportunities working in a unique software development environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Take ownership over the implementation of the database model including conceptual, logical and physical models,creating patch scripts for the physical implementation for the database objects.
- Working with the project teams and reviewing the requirements and suggesting the changes in the database schema level including adding new databases and tables and preparing the ER diagrams and communicating with the relevant stakeholders.
- Supporting the developers to write better database code including but not limited to stored procedures, functions and triggers which performs efficiently using lesser resources and follow the process. Periodically reviewing the code written by the developers and make recommendations and guide them to write better code. Analyzing the database code and application design using various in-house and third party tools and implementing best practices.
- Supporting the team members in installing and using SQL Server client program and updating them on the best practices. This also includes maintaining access to team members and continually monitoring their usage.
- Supporting other teams in maintaining the environment up to date and ensure the smooth functioning of the environment. Carrying out various tests to ensure the stability of the environment.
- Important technical resource for the client, most often serving as the primary off-shore technical member and responsible for the quality of the technical deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience as database developer / database administrator or similar role using SQL Server to meet the roles and responsibilities required. However we are seeking people with best talents and good experience.
- Should be involved in working with multiple development teams in handling the backend processes
- Should be a very good team player
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge on application integration impact on database systems
- Working experience or knowledge with other database systems such as MySQL and Oracle and Non-relational systems such as MongoDB, CouchDB and Cassandra.
- Installation of database server and configuration of the servers for the best performance with best usage of the available resources at minimal impact to the clients.
- Experience in maintenance of the database servers and monitoring activities and performance of the servers including but not limited to maintaining periodical backups and consistency.
IT related degree and industry experience are essential.