Institute of Personnel Management Sri Lanka
In 1959, a small group of professionals founded our Institute with the objective of developing the profession of Personnel Management. Subsequently the Institute was incorporated by an Act of Parliament in 1976.
With its humble beginnings in 1959, the Institute has developed into being the leading Human Resource Authority in Sri Lanka. During this period, the Institute has contributed significantly to develop and nurture the Human Resource Management profession.
IPM is a member of the Organization of Professional Associations in Sri Lanka and also a member of the Asia Pacific Federation of Human Resource Management (APFHRM) through which the Institute is affiliated to the World Federation of Personnel Management Associations (WFPMA).
“To be the guiding force and the leader in developing best people Management practices in the Asian region”
“We open pathways to the Human Resource Management profession. We are the knowledge Centre for local and regional People Managers. As the catalyst and partner in human capital development, we continuously improve quality, standards and practices in the profession”
- We demonstrate integrity in all our dealings
- We are passionate about providing quality, timely and excellent service
- We show mutual respect in all interactions
- We are courageous and seek out challenges to be ahead
- We are conscious of the need to be One Team
- We encourage diversity within our team
- To promote and develop the principles, techniques and practices of Human Resource Management in order to ensure optimum utilization of Human Resource at Organizational level as well as Internationally.
- To ensure a high level of professional standards and competence amongst the membership and those aspiring to become members.
- To promote the study of Human Resource Management and to encourage research into the best means and methods of applying the principles and techniques of Human Resource Management.
- To promote the image of the Institute and its membership and to provide leadership to the Human Resource Management profession in Sri Lanka.
- To influence National Policy Formulation in areas related to the Human Resource Management profession.
- To facilitate networking among HR professionals; to share and develop knowledge, exchange views nationally as well as internationally.
- To maintain our status as THE leading HR Authority in Sri Lanka by upholding high standards of competence, ethics, values and professionalism amongst the membership.
Institute of Personnel Management Sri Lanka (Inc.)
Tel: +94 11 4511138
Fax: +94 11 4511107
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org